Import and export allow you to modify custom lists without having to specify operators within a playbook. You can export a custom list with data, make changes to the data, and then import the list back into LogicHub.
The LogicHub system can also be configured to automatically export custom list data along with playbook exports. If you want custom list data to be exported along with playbook exports, contact LogicHub technical support and ask to enable
lhub.ff.custom_list_with_data.enabled in the system configuration file. After that's done, all playbook exports automatically include data from all of the custom lists referenced in the playbook.
To export custom lists, select My Library > Custom Lists on the side menu. Click the more icon (...) to the right of the custom list you want to export and select Download.
The list is downloaded as a zip file (compatible with the default software on macOS and WinZip on Windows OS). The zip file contains a JSON file that defines the custom list and a CSV file that contains the data.
You can now modify the data or JSON definition for the custom list. After making changes, import the custom list back into LogicHub.
- Recreate the zip file so that it now contains the modified data. Don’t change the file names.
- Delete the custom list that you exported from the Custom Lists page.
- Drag the modified file to the Custom List page.
If you don’t delete the original custom list that you exported, the upload fails. In that case, delete the custom list and import the modified one again.
If you want to include custom list data in all of your playbook exports, first ask your LogicHub technical content to enable
lhub.ff.custom_list_with_data.enabled in the system configuration file. After that's done, all exports automatically include data from all of the custom lists that are referred to in the playbook.
The exported zip file includes a file that contains the playbook and custom list definition and a folder that contains the custom list data.
For instructions on exporting a playbook, see Export and Import Playbooks. After modifying the exported playbook data, you can import the custom list back into the playbook.
- Create a zip file containing the modifying data.
- Drag the zip file to the playbook list on the Playbooks page.
- If there is a conflict with the existing custom list, you’re prompted to decide whether you want to edit the imported custom list to rename it, use the existing custom list (cancel the import), or use the imported list. For details on playbook import, see Export and Import Playbooks.
Updated 4 months ago