LogicHub enables you to create your own custom dashboards by selecting the predefined widget type that you want to include in your dashboards.
- To create a new dashboard, navigate to Dashboard from the left navigation and click New Dashboard.
- Enter a name for the dashboard and click Next.
- The dashboard is created and opens to an empty canvas, which allows you to alter the appearance of the newly created dashboards by adding customized widgets. To know more, see Add a New Widget.
To add a new widget, you can either create a new dashboard or edit an existing one and then click Add Widget on the top-right corner of the page. Select one of the predefined widget types from the top bar of the Add Widget dialogue box.
- Set up a data source from which the data will be retrieved. Data source are of the following types:
- Playbook: Select the playbook, node, and time range.
- Stream: Select the stream and node from the stream.
- File: Specify a CSV or JSON file as URL or file upload.
- For all the widget types, enter a name to identify the widget.
- After you've selected the required option, click Submit.
- The remaining settings depend on the type of widget that you have selected.
The following table details the various widget types and their uses:
Text widgets allows you to create titles and texts or to add more descriptive explanations to your dashboards.
Bar widget allows you to specify the axes, number of rows to display, and type of aggregation.
Line widget allows you to specify the axes, number of rows to display, and type of aggregation.
Pie widget allows you to specify values and labels to display the data as sections of a circular graph.
Number widget allows you to specify the column to report, number of rows, and type of aggregation.
Table widget allows you to configure the output data for the column name.
Image widget allows you to specify the default image and any conditional options.
From the dashboard editor:
- Click Clone from another dashboard at the top of the page.
- Select the dashboard and widget you want to clone from.
- To be available for selection, the dashboard and widget must have been created by you or shared with you.
- After selecting the widget, click Clone and Add to add it to your dashboard.
- When you're finished making changes to the dashboard, click Save.
When using the custom dashboard widgets, there may be an issue. This could be caused by the stream not fetching data or by a malfunctioning playbook that has to be addressed. As a result, the streams and playbook have a clickthrough button on the widget that allows you to navigate and look through the issues and fix them.
Clicking on these widget icons will take you to the playbook and stream for which the dashboard widget was designed.
- If you create a widget based on the playbook, you will only be able to see the icon for the playbook. To navigate to the datasource from which the playbook is being created, click on the Playbook icon in the widget.
- If you create a widget that is based on a DataSource stream, you can view both the icons, the playbook, and the steam.
- To access the Streams listing page, click on the Streams icon.
- To navigate to the stream associated with Playbook, click on the Playbook icon.
In the playbook editor V2, you can create a dashboard widget directly from a playbook step. The widget you create displays data based on the step's results.
To create a dashboard widget from a playbook step:
- Create a new playbook or edit an existing one.
- In the playbook editor, hover over the step, click on the ... three dots icon, and select Create dashboard widget.
- The Add Widget dialog box opens. In this dialog box, the data source is pre-selected as the playbook step.
- Configure the widget type and content as described in Add a Widget.
- Click Choose Dashboard and select one or more dashboards to which you want to add the widget to.
- Click Add to add the new widget to the specified dashboards.
- A successful message appears once the widget has been added.
- The newly created dashboard will be listed on the Dashboard page and My Library > Dashboards list page.
Updated 25 days ago