You can specify settings that apply to all cases and workflows for case types:
- Set the prefix for the case ID.
- Enable or disable integration with Slack.
- Identify accepted URLs, regular expressions, and IP addresses.
- Configure email server for form notifications.
- Specify and set the ordering of case priority levels.
- Define workflows for cases. The workflows become available for selection in case types.
To access the settings, click Settings > Case Settings from the left navigation.
On the General tab, configure the following settings:
- Case ID prefix. To change the prefix that is used for all case IDs, hover over the current value and click the Edit icon. Enter the new value and press Return.
- Slack integration. Enable or disable Slack integration for case comments. To view the list of cases that are enabled for Slack integration and to disable the integration for any of them, click View Slack Enabled Cases.
- List of Whitelisted Regular Expressions. URLs, IP addresses and file hashes are automatically extracted from each case title and description and stored in the Extracted URls, Extracted IP Addresses and Extracted File hashes fields in cases. The regular expression and patterns that are provided here are used to determine the whitelist for the extracted value. The values that match these patterns are not extracted.
- Configure Email Server. Configure email server settings for notifications associated with task forms. Specify information for the POP/IMAP mail server.
- Import or Download Case Settings. Import case settings including case types, fields, priorities, status workflows.
Case Types page contains a list of cases.
To add a new case type:
- On the Case Types tab, click New Case Type.
- Enter the details and click Save.
A new case type will be created and listed in the case types. Use the search field to search the newly created case type.
For more information on how to create a new case type and set up the case type, see Create Case Types.
Fields are the list of data fields associated with cases. You can add a new custom field of your choice.
To add a new custom field:
- On the fields tab, click New Field to add a new custom field.
- Enter the required details and click Save.
A new field will be created and listed on the fields page. Use the search field to search the newly created field.
For more information on how to add custom fields, see Add Custom Fields to Cases.
You can create a list of custom priority levels for each case other than the default priorities.
To create a new custom priority level:
- On the Priority tab, click New Priority Level to add a new value.
- Enter the value and select an associated icon from the drop-down list.
- Click Add.
- Click on the three dots (...) on the priority to edit or delete a priority.
You can rearrange the ordering of the priorities (high to low) by dragging and dropping the priority to the new location.
On the Status Workflow tab, click Create New Workflow to add a new workflow. Each workflow is defined by a set of statuses and the allowable transitions between them. By default, each new status starts with Open and Close states.
To add a status:
- Click Add Status.
- Enter a name.
- Select the status type (Open, In Progress, Closed).
- Indicate whether to allow transitions to and from all other states. If you deselect these options, you’re prompted to select the states for which transitions are permitted.
- Click Save.
- To make the workflow available, click Publish.
The new status is added to the Workflow page. To reorder the statuses (first to last), drag the ordering icon to the new location.
The workflow is now available for selection when you create a case type.
If you edit or delete a status or a workflow, you’re prompted to redefine any transitions that involve the state that has been modified or deleted. The case is automatically updated to reflect the changes.
The Status Workflows tab lists the currently defined workflows and the case types that they’re associated with. To see the full list of case types, hover over the entry in the table.
To import the case settings including case types, fields, priorities, status workflows:
- Go to Settings > Case Settings on the left navigation.
- In General tab, click on Import or Download Case Settings. You can import the case settings in two ways:
- Click Import from File / URL to import case settings from a file. Import using the following options:
- Enter the file location
- Browse to upload a file
- Click Next.
- Click Import from Content Exchange.
To download all the case settings as a JSON file, click Download.
To publish the case settings, click Publish to Content Exchange and click Publish.
Updated 6 months ago